Friday, January 18, 2013

Favorite Things Fridays - Coffee

This morning Chou woke up at 5am, and E was already sitting up, just waiting for us to wake up. This wouldn't be quite so shocking, except she was also wide awake at midnight last night. Seriously. Wide awake. I wish this was the exception, but it's the norm in this house.

My baby girl is happy, curious, driven, chill, sweet, beautiful, friendly... well you get the point. She's awesome!

She has to be, to make up for the one thing she is not.

She is not a sleeper.

She thrives on very little sleep. Yesterday she slept seven hours total (six hours overnight and a one hour nap). Today she's going strong on eight hours of sleep, as she actually took a real nap today!! I'm really hoping that doesn't interrupt her already obscenely late bedtime, but it probably will. <sigh>

I don't know if this is fair, but I blame her constant Energizer-like energy on her Asian lineage. At least I know she gets it from her dad. I love sleep, and need a decent chunk of uninterrupted sleep to be able to function at all the following day. I don't do well on little to no sleep, but Chou, even at the age of 30, can seamlessly pull all-nighters and function completely normally on an hour or two of sleep. He is amazing and takes over nighttime duty when E needs a little help settling.

He is also amazing and likes to wake me up with a cup of hot coffee in hand, ready to be consumed before I even emerge from the warmth of my covers. And while coffee doesn't completely fix lack of sleep, it most certainly helps.


No comments:

Post a Comment