Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thankful

Last night, E woke me at 1am, choking and unable to breathe. I simultaneously jumped up, woke Chou, and grabbed E. I laid her belly down on my one hand, and used the other to gently pat her back. Almost immediately she began to projectile vomit all over my [clean] sheets.

And let me tell you, I have never in my life been so thankful that we cosleep. Before having E, I would never have dreamed about allowing my future children to sleep with me, and even last night as we were going to bed I was thinking that we really need to work on getting E to start the nights in her crib again (that stopped about a month ago when she started teething). Now I'm not so sure.

But I thank God she was in my bed last night, safely nestled next to me, and able to wake me when she needed help.

And tonight, I'll snuggle her extra close.



No comments:

Post a Comment